Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Opening Night

It's here, it's here!! Opening show was very interesting...well the show was great. But the whole process I mean was kinda interesting. I wasn't special enough to be invited to the opening party. So I waited outside patiently with the rest of the common folk. Good thing I was late to begin with, because the show was supposed to start at 7pm, and we weren't even let in until 7:40pm...

When we entered the marquee, there was a nice little cocktail party going on, you know for the special people. The party was complete with audis, since you know, it's the Singapore Audi fashion festival, and Asian celebrities. Unfortunately I'm not up on my Asian celebrity yet...so I can't identify anyone. But there was a big fuss made over two members of the Tokio hotel (again, no idea who that is), but they were sitting accross from me. So if you're into them...you can spot them in my photos. Also look out for this stunning Asian woman, who my cousin and I were obsessing over since she has the most amazing hair. I think she may have inspired me to get a fringe...

Check out my piccies:




Finally!! 


Ok from here the quality of the photos was kind of pants. I was sorta in the nose bleed section, so I had to zoom in extra close and my lens couldn't handle it.





CARMEN KASS!!




I didn't like this makeup. The whole blood thing was a little weird in my opinion. I know DSquared2 is supposed to be, you know,"edgy," but this is a little too much.


DSquared2 and Carmen.  


Beautiful detail on the back. 


Ok this video is a bit DIY....I sort of filmed the wrong way around, and since I don't have quick time pro I can't flip it around. But it's Carmen Kass in the final look...so I didn't want to leave it out. I just flipped my laptop to view...you'll get the full effect!! hahaha


I got clever in this one, and filmed the right way around. Its the finale...Bellisima!! 



I really enjoyed the show. Dsquared2 isn't really my style, but they put on a good spectacle. Many of the looks were beautiful, like the black, fur-trimmed jacket...but its not really apt in Singapore heat, ya know? Anyway was great to see Carmen Kass walk!! All in all, it was a great opening show. I wish I could have seen their shoes though...oh well. Here's to seeing the fashion festival in the nosebleed section!!

Next on the agenda is Marchesa on Friday. 


Much love, 

Freya xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment