Friday, April 30, 2010

Oh Marchesa...

Tonight I was "special." It's good to be appreciated!! Many thanks to my amazing cousin who organised my amazing seat. The show was great. Frankly, it was much better than Dsquared2's. I didn't like them showing menswear and womenswear at the same time, for me it just didn't work. My eyes were sort of all over the place, and there was no cohesiveness. It was just too much at the same time, you know?
But I'm digressing, Marchesa's show was beautiful. It was a retrospective. I was surprised that I didn't recognise any of the looks...but there you go. I love Marchesa. I love that they are a couture house of our generation. Gone are the mainstream couture ateliers of years ago, but at least Marchesa is prevalent. Today we have RTW.  And don't get me wrong I'm more of a RTW girl. But I appreciate art, intricacy and craftsmanship. We are a "now" society, and consequently we don't want to pay an arm and a leg for pieces we will only wear a couple of times. Marchesa is not RTW, it's couture. Have a look at the craftsmanship and compare. The work and the quality are there. But first a little crowd watching...

Some like it hot (pink)


More show-goers wearing Marchesa. Although, Phoebe isn't really just a show-goer, she owns Tribeca, the store that exclusively carries Marchesa in Singapore. 


Beautiful dress, beautiful lady, but the bag, hmmm not so beautiful


Eh.


I like your look, lady. 



Teenage boys like Marchesa too. 


Nice sneakers. 


Smile for the camera(s).


Full house.


And the show begins....Song Kyunga from Korea opens. She is absolutely striking. She's already a big deal in Asia, but I think she's gonna be an international stahhhr. 
























One of my favourites. Love the shape and colour, and the one shoulder thang going on. 


And from the back:


My other favourite. 


From many angles...got a little snappy happy, but I love this one. 





Finale piece. 


I shot a video too (right side up this time!).

                                          



Lots more Singapore fashion week stuff to come. 

Much love, 

Freya xxx















No comments:

Post a Comment