Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Goodbye New York City, Hello Singapore


My last night in NYC was September 10th, 2009, the same night as Fashion's night out. I started out uptown around 5th avenue. CHANEL was the first stop, where they were making customised versions of their Classic bag. The tempting invitation was so alluring:
"Create a modern classic - and be the first in the U.S. to own a customised, monogrammed CHANEL Classic bag. 
Choose from eight lambskin colours with contrast linings, and hardware, for a bag designed exclusively for you 
Classic Handbag $ 3,395
          Jumbo Classic Handbag $ 3, 595"
Unfortunately, they were a little out of my price range. 
Right next to Chanel there was commotion at Dior, caused by Charlize Theron's appearance at the store. 

After Dior, I ventured down to Prada. Vogue's Grace Coddington created a fantastical Little Red Riding Hood display in the 5th Avenue shop.



The crowds queuing up to meet The September Issue star. 


Doutzen Kroes, hidden amongst a gaggle of young girls was also at Prada. 

The Ferragamo party, complete with a wine and champagne bar and a DJ. 



Escada had the most interesting window displays of models eating pizza. I wonder if the models were paid extra for it...


Isabel Toledo signing books at Barneys. 

In the last hour of my favourite night ever in NYC, I ventured down to see the fashion action in the meatpacking district. Helmut Lang was making customised leather jackets. yum yum. My friend trying to decide whether to fork out $2000 for one...The outcome was not a happy one. 


I ended the evening with a last supper at the Waverly, where I spotted a very pregnant Karolina Kurkova.

Freya xx



No comments:

Post a Comment