Thursday, September 17, 2009

Homesick

I miss New York. Getting my daily blasts from WWD and looking at style.com, and seeing all those pretty pictures of the S/S 2010 collections has made me yearn to be in NYC for fashion week. I was there this time last year. Sooo it's time for some nostalgia, here are some photos from the Marchesa S/S 2009 presentation. Last NYC post for a while, I promise. 

On the way to the show. (From left to right) Patricia who is now assistant designer at Marchesa, but at the time of the photo she was a mere intern. (It just goes to show you p, that perseverance can get results). Niamh, the lovely redhead, who is currently finishing up fashion school and is going to be a fantabulous designer when she grows up. Finally Kim, who just finished, and is going to be equally as amazing!!



Time to get pretty. 


oooh.ahhhh


Shiori, assistant designer at Marchesa at the time, making the finishing touches to the most publicised dress of the show (it was the dress that WWD featured on Marchesa's show the next day).


Almost time!!



That was my first New York fashion week, and it was amazing. Singapore had its first ever fashion "festival" in 2006. I'm not really sure what that means exactly, but it's something at least. No news of anything this fall. But I suppose that's what happens when the sun is always blazing - one season, one fashion festival?!  

Freya xx

No comments:

Post a Comment