Friday, September 25, 2009

Searching for Beauty

Since Prada is getting ready to open its doors to its second flagship store in Ion, Orchard Road. I thought I  would pay homage to its forward thinking designer, Miuccia Prada. I found this old interview with her, which I think is fantastic -- it's conducted by CNN's Talk Asia at an exhibition of her work in Seoul, Korea earlier this year. Her perspective on her personal designs as a product of her intellect and her desire to produce something beautiful, is similar to the way that I view fashion. Enjoy! It's a great piece, Prada speaks frankly about her company, the state of the economy and its effect on fashion, and her colourful past as a communist, feminist, mime and politics PhD.


 



On a side note I love that she has placed a lot of her focus on Asia, where luxury fashion continues to be profitable despite the poor economic climate. Asia is the place to be -- come visit!!


Freya xx

No comments:

Post a Comment