Monday, February 8, 2010

In pursuit of treasure and discovering the depths of my narcissism

I've been in Singapore for long enough to conclude that it lacks a creative dimension. So when I found out about MAAD - Market of Artists and Designers, my little heart skipped a beat! Oh me oh my I think I'm on to something, I thought I had found something reminiscent of the Brooklyn flea market. Away I went on my mini adventure on Saturday morning a mere 10 minute cab ride from my apartment (Singapore is tiny), and lo and behold in the Red Dot Museum I find a little little market. Now I was hoping to find a wealth of goodies that I might be able to purchase, clothes and jewelry and such, but to no avail. MAAD's offering was nice to browse but not really for me. It's more design than fashion/flea.
What I did find however, was completely unexpected and fantastic -- a small consortium of artists who were drawing people's portraits. Now the narcissist in me jumped at the chance to sit pretty whilst 30 people concentrated on nothing but me. Let there be light!!

Perfect Freya


Captivating Freya


Caricature Freya 


Dreamy Freya


Fugly Freya


Ani-me


Plain Freya


Naughty Freya


Flower Freya



Ta-daaaaa...Freyas for everyone

Stay tuned for some more treasure hunts. 

Freya xx


No comments:

Post a Comment