Monday, May 10, 2010

Bali - A Secret Shopping Destination



(private pool at the villa = amazing)

I was on vacay in Bali this past weekend, and to my surprise I discovered it has amazing shopping. Thank God the weather was bad on Sunday! Not only do the shops have some great pieces, they are also cheap!! I went a little crazy. Here are some of my purchases: 


This belt is a little space cowboy but I think its really interesting. I like the sting ray and the shape. And its really flattering. It cinches the waist without squeezing the fat in an odd way. (from Word of Mouth).


Oh no there's a mini tiger on my hand about to pounce on me!!! Actually its my new "tiger" ring. I couldn't decide if this was ridiculous or awesome. I decided on the latter. And my star sign is leo, which you know, adds to the awesomeness!! (from Tribali)




Python bag. What a stealllll, seriously it was a steal. (From Magali Pascal)


I've been looking for a crucifix for agesss. This one is so different. (also Magali Pascal)


And the close up...


I LOVE this dress (from Shop Five by Shakuhachi)



Ok so I really went for quantity (I was only there for 2 days and I didn't even show you everything i got!!! I know I have an addiction...) but honestly its all quality. I really don't know how little Bali island got so funky. Most of the clothes are designed by Aussie designers, but their factories are in Indonesia. So I speculate that things are sold wholesale over in Bali, and marked up when imported to the land of Oz?  I can confirm this in July when I go to Sydney!

Love Bali!! These gems of stores are concentrated along Jl Raya and Jl Kunti. Enjoy!!

Much love 

Freya xx




1 comment:

  1. SO JEALOUS!! LOVE all the loot you bought! xxx

    ReplyDelete