Thursday, May 6, 2010

PURRRR Cavalli


Sorry for the time lag on this one. But I wanted the big cheese to stand alone. Cavalli, the biggest name to grace the Singapore catwalk this year. And he didn't let anyone at the show forget it. First impressions are always lasting, and this one was no different...enter Cavahhhhlliiiii and entourage, complete with 25 year old skinny girlfriend, old enough to be his granddaughter. Now Cavalli is too good to be backstage managing the models, the makeup, and the dressing...No, he watches his own show, front row baby!! And then there's the chain smoking, inside, in Singapore. This guy has got balls, and a pretty hefty ego.

The show was surprisingly beautiful, I'm not usually a fan of the gaudy, racy designs but the collection wasn't so in your face. And the FURRRRR PURRRRR MIAOOOO, oh I'm a sucker for the the FURRRR!!

This was the best, and most entertaining show. But with this show, you could see a huge difference between the smaller designers and Cavahhlli -- a true luxury brand. 40 years in the biz, this guy knows how to do it. Part fashion show, and part comedic show. There was a short video intermission - in between the daywear and evening wear. No words can describe the video. I've been having some technical difficulties trying to upload the video...but I will keep trying :). For now, I will just say that it showcased his ego!



























EVENING WEAR 



















FINALE


Hopefully I will be able to post the videos soon. 

Much love 

Freya xx

P.S. I hate to repeat this time and again. But sorry for the bad quality photos, I was too far away, and too cheap to invest in a new lens!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment